*** Pre-registration is required. NO WALK INS ***
Testing schedule is the 3rd Thursday of each month EXCEPT July and August, at 7:00pm
Please email, text or call Jim Marek, WI8W (email@example.com), (586)758-0764, to register.
The testing site is located at the Macomb County Emergency Management & Communications Building
21930 Dunham Rd, Mt Clemens, MI 48043
Things you need to bring for the test
- $15.00 exact change. If you fail the test you may take it again for an additional $15. If you pass the test you may take the next license class test for free.
- TWO (2) pieces of ID. One with your picture.
- For people without a call sign, you must register with the FCC and receive your FRN number. Without it, you will not be able to take the exam. This is required for the Amateur Radio Service (47 CFR Part 97) FCC 605 Main Form application. You can regsiter for your FRN Here.
- Copies and originals of unexpired CSCEs if you want credit for a test, or a copy of a current unexpired amateur radio license. (The license copy will be mailed to ARRL with your paperwork and will not be returned).
- A pencil with an eraser, pen and a calculator if needed with cleared memory. Scrap paper will be handed out.
- If you have a call sign, please have a copy of your license to be handed in with paperwork.